Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Recipe for Unicorn Chili

Ingredients:
-1 red pepper
-1 yellow pepper
-1 onion
-1 jalepeno
-1 can diced tomatoes
-1 can tomato sauce
-2 cans chili hot beans
-1 T olive oil
-1 1/4 lbs. ground unicorn meat**
-Salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cinnamon to taste

Directions:
-Chop the red pepper, yellow pepper, and onion into small 1/2 pieces; place in a crock pot.
-Chop the jalepeno very finely so no one gets a big hunk of it in their bowl; place in crock pot.
-Brown unicorn meat in a saute pan with a olive oil; add to crock pot.
-Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beans to crock pot.
-Add salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and cinnamon; I don't do exact measurements so each batch is a little different.
-Set crock pot on high for 3 to 5 hours; continue to season with spices throughout cooking.
-Ladle into a bowl and enjoy with beer.


**When unicorn is not available, we use ground turkey breast. Special thanks to Mr. Chris for this recipe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe this good/bad baby blog thing is just another one of the things I won't understand until I have a baby (which, if you want to piss me off...tell me I won't understand something until I have my own kids)...but at any rate, its entertaining. Thanks for entertaining me :)