Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Episode IV: A hearty meal

Scene: Orrblog's home in Wheaton, Illinois. Orrblog is viewing vacation slides in the living room when the hear a thump on the roof.

Orrblog: What the heck was that?

[A cloud of dust slowly billows out of the fireplace. A pair of feet drop down into the fireplace, followed by legs, until finally Sweeneyblog appears in the fireplace, wearing a Santa costume.]

Sweeneyblog: HO HO HO!!! What's up Orrblog?

Orrblog: Not much, it's great to see you! I was just looking at some vacation slides from camp! Would you like to see them!

Sweeneyblog: What has two thumbs and wants to see vacation slides? [Points both thumbs toward chest] THIS GUY!!!

Orrblog: [slide clicks] OK, here is a picture of a the canyon behind my cabin.


Orrblog: [slide clicks] Here is a picture of the waterfall. The kids loved it!


Orrblog: [slide clicks] Here is the beach.


Orrblog: [slide clicks] Here is Antarctica. The penguins were really cute!


Sweeneyblog: [passes gas] That must have been a really big camp.

Orrblog: It was, but I have to show you the best part. [Leads Sweeneyblog out into the back yard] While I was there I bought a unicorn for Isaac. [Orrblog opens a shed to reveal a majestic unicorn with flowing hair as white as something that is very white]


Orrblog: His name is Feathers. I'm taking him to the unicorn farm tomorrow. [Orrblog pets Feathers on the head as he purrs like a kitten}

Sweeneyblog: Say, that's a pretty unicorn. Do you mind if I take Feathers for a ride?

Orrblog: No problem. [Sweeneyblog hops on Feathers and rides him down the street and around the corner, out of sight]

[Several hours pass and it is evening. A taxi cab pulls in front of Orrblog's house. Sweeneyblog gets out, carrying a large covered pot and wearing a naval officer's uniform. Sweeneyblog walks into the house]

Sweeneyblog: Sorry the ride took so long. To make it up to you, I made a delicious pot of chili for you for dinner.

Orrblog: That sounds great. [Orrblog and Sweeneyblog each ladle themselves a steaming hot bowl of chili and dig in]

Orrblog: This chili is really good! Can you give me the recipe so I can make it?

Sweeneyblog: Sure. The secret ingredient is...FEATHERS!!!

[scene ends]


The inspiration for Feathers came from this. The inspiration to eat him came from our love of chili and cruelty.

Tasty question of the day - Who doesn't like unicorn chili?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Voreblog enjoys a good pot of unicorn chilli, but prefers it with extra cologne and farts.

Orr Family said...

That was really funny!! And I would love a good pot of chili. Especially if it was anything like skyline (something that Dan and I are always wishing moved up here to Chicago). Thanks for the shout out. And by the way...we don't have a chimney.