March 20, 2008 is a huge day in the Thorpe Family because it could have meant major disappointment or extreme excitement. Well, it is safe to say, that it was a very good day! My brother, Eric, has been in med school at The Ohio State University for the past four years, and today determined if he would go on to become an Ear-Nose-Throat Doctor (ENT). It's a super stressful time for 4th year med students, and I can see why. Match Day, a calculation of numbers and rankings, determines your future.
I'm going to brag for a moment. ENT is an extremely competitive field for medicine, and there were 3 students at OSU trying to get into an ENT residency. My brother was the only one to match, and he got one of his top picks! So...my brother is going to be doing his residency at Loyola University in Chicago starting this summer! I'm so happy for him and his fiance Ania. They are going to do so well there, and if you can't tell, Big Sis is so proud. In order to make today one to remember, I did document it. You will see below. Enjoy and Congrats Uncle Eric!
Though I'm going to the babysitter, I will be screeching, laughing, and pooping to wish you luck.
I love you, Uncle Eric.
Walking in to the Fawcett Center to be with all of the other nervous med students.
Eric had to walk up stage to receive his letter.
Then he was not allowed to open it until a horn sounded to say it was 12 noon.
It was surreal watching all of these students open an envelope that had their future written inside.
Crossing fingers is supposed to bring good luck. That's why Grandma and Grandpa are crossing their fingers.
And the winner is...Loyola!!!
Uncle Eric telling Great Grandpa Hartzell that Andy is weird and that he's going to Chicago.
The proud parents.
We celebrated at Lindey's in German Village.
Eric and I wrestled for the dessert. I won, but we decided to pretend we were happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment