Friday, March 28, 2008

Act II: A trip to the mall

Scene:  Kenwood Towne Centre; Friday afternoon.  Emily and Andy are pushing Eleanor around the mall.  

Andy:  We finished our errands and now Eleanor is asleep in the stroller.  Do you want to keep walking around for a while and let her take a nap?

Emily:  [Makes a face] Sure, if you want to.

Andy:  [Happily pushes Eleanor around the mall, happy to be with his family and not doing school work]  Do you want to go in the shoe store?

Emily:  [Makes a face like Andy suggested smelling a fart] Don't you already have shoes? 

Andy:  [Looks at feet, sees shoes]  Yeah, I guess so.  [Continues walking]  Do you want to hold hands? 

Emily:  [Makes another disgusted face]  I'm sick of this.  Let's go home.

Andy:  [Incredibly hurt that Emily doesn't enjoy his company]  Fine.  [Starts pushing Eleanor quickly to the elevator, leaving Emily behind]

Emily:  [In troll voice] STOP, I COMMAND YOU!!!

Andy:  [Enters elevator, tries to close door before before Emily gets on]

Emily:  [Enters elevator]

[10 other people with 3 strollers crowd onto an elevator built for 5; conversation stops]

Andy:  [Elevator door opens; resumes sprint for the car]

Emily:  [In troll voice] I MUST HAVE THE RING!!!  I MUST!!!

Andy:  [Tries to get Eleanor in the car and leave without Emily]

Emily:  [Catches up, laughing]  I hate you with the fire of 1,000 furnaces.

Andy:  I was really enjoying spending time with you at the mall and you ruined it.

Emily:  I'm sorry.

Andy:  Good, you should be.

Emily:  In that case, I rescind my apology.

Andy:  I really enjoyed this argument.

Emily:  [Tries to throw herself into oncoming traffic; stubs toe on the car door] Dammit Andrew!!!

[Scene ends]

1 comment:

Joe Merchant said...

Why are you wasting your time in Psychology when clearly you should be in Hollywood writing and producing top notch b movies.