My favorite character on Sesame Street has always been Bert. I was Bert for Halloween once when I was little. I thought Bert was the balls. Other kids liked Big Bird or Ernie or that d-bag, Elmo. Not me. I have tried my hardest to find a Bert toy of any kind for Eleanor and have not been successful until a recent trip to Troy, where I was able to find a Bert puppet. Let's see if Bert and Eleanor will become friends.
It looks like it will take a while for Eleanor to warm up to Bert. Let's hope she does because I've known Bert much longer. In addition to our new friendship with Bert, we also recently celebrated Thanksgiving. I'm assuming many of you did the same. Because Uncle Eric was on call all week, Aunt Ania came down to celebrate her first Thanksgiving and teach Eleanor some rudimentary Polish. I think Eleanor is catching on rather quickly. She can already say czsczzcscxcszzsczzscz, which means dog in Polish.
Grandma and Grandpa Thorpe hosted an open house for Emily's high school friends and their parents the day after Thanksgiving. It was a fabulous time. First we baked cookies. Then we watched season 1 of Felicity. Great times. Unlike high school, for this gathering a few of the ladies brought babies along.
Now let's talk about a man. A man who is sad. A man who is lost. A man who wants nothing more than to share honey with a grandchild. That man is the legendary Jon H. Beers. Let's check out the not-so-subtle hits he dropped for Voreblog at the open house:
Finally, I tried to rally the husbands to do something memorable for the reunion weekend open house: grow mustaches. Mike's effort was sad. I didn't want to waste a picture on it. Ben's mustache was adequate. Mine was absurd.
Mustachioed question of the day - Are mustaches sexy or extremely sexy?
2 comments:
1/2 of Voreblog: Extremely sexy.
Other 1/2 of Voreblog: Not-in-the-least sexy, and you'll sleep on the couch if you don't shave that off.
First 1/2 of Voreblog: Not-in-the-least sexy.
Post a Comment