Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A nice little Saturday

We are pretty busy during the week so we like to make the most out of our weekends. Here was our tentative schedule for last Saturday.

1. Photo shoot in the basement
2. Meet Santa
3. Reindog Parade
4. Bed, Bath, and Beyond (if we have enough time)

Once again, we didn't quite make it to Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We just didn't have enough time. Despite this, we still ended up having a nice little Saturday. Let's check out the photo shoot in front of our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. It was only 15 bucks at Target. It looks like crap until all the neighborhood kids come over and swarm around it. When they leave, the tree looks great.


"Wait, wait. I need to do a good pose."

"How about this?"

"I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!"

"Why does Uncle Brian smell like cologne and farts?"


Once the photo shoot was finished, we walked up to the Madeira Municipal Building to meet Santa. This was Eleanor's first time meeting Santa and like most first meetings, it was a little awkward.

Not so sure about this Santa Claus guy.

Eleanor needed a little support to walk up to Santa.

Allowing Mommy to block in case Santa tries to start something.

Santa: HO HO HO!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS ELEANOR!!!
Eleanor: (Frightened silence)

Eleanor is now pretty sure she doesn't want to hang out with this guy...

...but we still managed to get a picture.


Next on the agenda was the Reindog Parade. The parade is held every year in Mt. Adams. The basic idea is hundreds of owners dress their dogs in ridiculous costumes and walk them around the block. Other owners, like us, show up with their dogs to watch. It's a really fun parade, but you can tell a lot of the dogs are embarrassed to be dressed like schmucks.

Emily and Eleanor getting ready to watch the parade.

The three most beautiful ladies in the world.

The girls with Randy Fox and Zorro. I'm most comfortable with several rabid dogs between Randy and Eleanor.

Eleanor meeting Otis, one of the biggest dogs I have ever seen.

Eleanor: You're a big dog.
Otis: You have snot all over your face.
Eleanor: Hmm, a little sensitive about your body image?
Otis: I'm sorry. I've always been picked on for being bigger than the other dogs.
Santa: Otis, would you like to guide my sleigh?
Otis: I don't have a red nose, I'm just really big.
Santa: In that case, I'll stick with Rudolph.


Winnie and her long lost sister, China.

Winnie: What the heck is that?
China: It looks like Santa on a Segway.

Winnie and China: (in unison) IT IS SANTA ON A SEGWAY!!!

Although Basset hounds were disturbingly underrepresented, there were a few cute ones. Like this guy...

...and this guy...

...and this family...

...and this really brave Basset that hid between my feet the whole parade.

My new favorite picture.

Old School Question of the Day - What does a nice little Saturday consist of for you?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Nothing that I can post in this comment, that's for sure.

Unknown said...

Emily, I love the hat you're wearing at the Reindog Parade. Was it hard asking Beyonce if you could borrow it? Thug Life!