Friday, May 2, 2008

The glorious return of Eleanor and her many adventures

In one of his stand up routines, Mitch Hedberg talked about how he liked to pinch his mic cord and then let go so you hear a bunch of jokes at once, kind of like pinching the hose and then letting a bunch of water shoot out. We decided to pinch the blog for a while, so now you get a bunch of pictures at once. These are from the past several weeks. Please read until the end so you can hear about the super duper surprise.

Hello, I'm Eleanor. Good to see you all again.

Eleanor and Grandma Sweeney at Megan's track meet.

Aunt Megan jumping over something. Thank goodness she didn't rack herself like Uncle Brian.

Congratulations on coming in second (for Dayton), Aunt Megan!

Teaching Grandpa Sweeney how to stick his tongue out.

Grandma Sweeney: Would you like a pony?
Eleanor: Sure. Maybe we should get two.
Grandma Sweeney: That's a great idea!

Grandma Sweeney thinks Eleanor is advanced.



The next few pictures are part of a series. Now that Eleanor can sit up on her own, I am constantly doing stuff to test her balance. One of the things I like to do is jump on the bed next to her and see how she reacts. Let's see how she does.





Eleanor passed the test. She got bonus points for drooling.

Wearing Daddy's special feeding towel.

This thing smells like baby barf.

Grandma Sweeney thinks Eleanor is advanced.

Bananas are delicious!

Enough picture time, let's get back to eating.

Eleanor: Look, I can touch the couch.
Megan: That's amazing.
Eleanor: I can also poop myself.
Megan: Me too!


And now for the special surprise...EMILY IS OUT OF TOWN THIS WEEKEND!!! I hope at least one person scrolled to the bottom to see if Emily was pregnant. Which she is not. But she is in Charleston for the weekend, no doubt baking cookies and watching Felicity. Eleanor and I are on our own until Sunday night. I have final exams and my Clinical Competency Exam next week, so this weekend should be interesting. I plan on keeping a running diary of each day and posting it so you can see how Eleanor, Winnie, and I spend our time.

Home alone question of the day - What should we do this weekend?

No comments: