I haven't posted anything in a while. I would say I'm sorry, but I'm not. I just turned in my materials for my Clinical Competency Exam. Here is the gist of the
CCE: write a report for both an assessment and therapy case, with a review of the relevant literature, proving my clinical competency. Some time after I turn all that BS in, I get to meet with a
committee of two professors who grill me on my stuff. This is extremely difficult to prepare for under the best of circumstances. I had it tougher than most because I am nowhere near competent. The past week was probably the least amount of fun I've had in graduate school. Now I get to wait to see which professors are on my committee. I'm hoping my committee consists of Grandma Clark and Grandma Sweeney.
I am someone who has always struggled to do things well. Emily is not. The only thing I am aware of that Emily is not good at is singing. She really isn't good at singing, but she more than makes up for it with her soccer ability. Here is a picture of Emily playing soccer for Ohio State.

1999 Ohio State Team MVP - Emily Thorpe
1999 Worst
WMSR DJ - Andy Sweeney

Emily vs. North Carolina. I don't know if you've heard of North Carolina.
They're kind of a big deal.
Normally Emily uses her soccer talent for good, but once she used her extraordinary skills for evil. During one game in college, Emily performed a move so terrible, so cruel, that she got a girl cut from the team. Right after the game. In front of her parents*. Emily unleashed the dreaded...POCO DE GATO!!! For those of you who don't speak Spanish, poco de gato means "passing the cow." Or something like that. The move goes something like this: Emily dribbled straight at a defender, pushed the ball past the defender's left side, then ran around the right side, picked up the ball and continued dribbling. I have created a helpful diagram, found below:

The dreaded
Poco de Gato!!!
It was some cruel stuff. It looked like something out of an And 1 soccer mix tape. The poor girl broke into tears, which Emily collected and added to her cocktail after the game. Once wasn't enough for Emily. She did it again later in the game. The lesson of this story is that Emily is really awesome at stuff. Sometimes her awesomeness is so awesome that she destroys soccer careers. Hopefully my professors don't give me a
poco de gato for my
CCE.
Poco de question of the day - What are you really good at?
*Maybe she didn't get cut. Emily definitely gave her the
poco de gato twice, though.
3 comments:
gato means cat
It's actually called the "pasa de vaca" which means pass around the cow...which really isn't as bad as Andy makes it sound. But according to him, I do have an evil soul of a troll, so this doesn't seem out of my character at all.
its been since march 31st... come on, put up some pictures!
Post a Comment