My friend John and I decided to wear bow ties to our Master's graduation in May. I'm not sure why we decided to do this. I think it might have something to do with us being a-holes. John is somewhat of a coward and chose a pre-tied tie. I am considerably more hardcore and elected to purchase a real bow tie and learned to tie it. It was sweet. I couldn't stop smiling when I was wearing it.
Unfortunately, there haven't been many opportunities to wear it since then. When Emily and I went to see Wicked with Megan, Mike, Nicole, and Chris in January, I decided to break out the bow tie. What better time to wear a bow tie than a Sunday evening play? Mr. Chris was kind enough to take this picture to record the occasion.
L to R - Andy, Emily, Ginger, Megan
Emily had a bunch of pictures printed this week and we gave some to my parents, including this one. My mom had the nerve to say my bow tie ruined the picture. I think my bow tie makes the picture. Clearly my mom doesn't know what she's talking about.
Well-dressed question of the day - Does my bow tie ruin the picture?
6 comments:
The bow tie undoubtedly allows you to defy gravity. . . unlimited! Your future is . . . UNLIMITED!
Yes your bowtie ruins the picture.
Bow ties rock...(my husband tends to bust one out every now and again, so I sort of have to say this)!
I think the bow tie is very classy and appropriate for all situations. However, if you call me a coward again, I sweat I'm going to marry both Megan and Molly and move to Utah!
dont sweat it john
MSNBC says bow ties are making a comeback.
The New York Times points out that sales on eBay jumped 34 percent from December 2007 to February 2008. An online seller, www.bowties.com, says sales have been strong throughout the last two years.
Post a Comment