Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day 3: Revenge of the Sith

And now for the dramatic finale of Eleanor and Andy's weekend of adventure. Will our heroes overcome the forces of evil? Will Andy do something stupid in the last day? Let's tune in and see.

Sunday, May 4

6:00 AM - Alarm goes off. I debated waking up at 5:00 to do work, but wasn't strong enough. Six feels like crap this morning, I can't imagine how 5:00 would have felt.

6:08 AM - Add noodles to crock pot. Get to work on take home exam.

6:29 AM - First bowl of noodles. Pretty good stuff.

7:01 AM - School sucks. It's time for a shower.

7:27 AM - Send Jamie a text saying Emily and I won't be at the soccer game today due to Emily being out of town and me not having a babysitter. Probably should have sent that yesterday.

7:30 AM - Wake Eleanor up and send Emily a text/picture. Waking Eleanor up is the best part of the day. That's not to say it goes down hill after that, but she is the happiest person in the world when she wakes up.

7:45 AM - Eleanor decides she would like me to watch Blue Harvest while she eats breakfast.

8:04 AM - Play time.

8:30 AM - Eleanor is squawking and rubbing her eyes. It must be nap time.

9:15 AM - Wake Eleanor up and get her dressed for church. I found one of her shirts that matches the patchwork pants from yesterday. Eleanor now looks like the cutest thing ever.

9:29 AM - Out the door for church. As I'm backing the car out of the driveway, I hear a vomitous splat. I stop and check. Yep, vomit. Also, Spell Check doesn't think vomitous is a word. I'm not sure if this is the case or I just spelled it so incorrectly that Spell Check gave up trying.

9:41 AM - Nice, now I'm one of those people who is always walking into church late. Eleanor goes to hang out in the nursery. I sit by the Evans family in church. I only miss half of the first song so I guess I'm OK.

10:00 AM - Get a text from Jamie saying he can watch Eleanor during the game and they need me to come because they are short players. They don't need me because I'm talented, they need me because I take up space. That is my value to the team.

10:36 AM - Church lets out early. I feel ripped off.

10:47 AM - Try to call Nicole to see if she is interested in watching Eleanor during the game. Apparently Nicole has a new number. The woman who has that number now is a huge turd face.

10:50 AM - Emily calls. She gets mad at me when I say I haven't been able to get much work done this weekend.

10:59 AM - Nicole calls and says she can watch Eleanor during the game.

11:12 AM - I am baffled by the logistics of taking a dump when Eleanor is awake. Don't worry, I figure it out.

11:30 AM - It's time for another feast of rice cereal and bananas.

12:24 PM - Nicole arrives to hang out with Eleanor. I'm kind of sad because my complete game for the weekend is ruined, but sometimes you have to go to the bullpen. I head to my soccer game.

1:10 PM - Soccer game. Andy is out of shape. The fact that we have only one sub doesn't help. My highlight of the game: when the other team had a 2-v-1 against me on defense and I somehow managed to trip myself and let them have a free run at the goal. Gus made a nice save so I didn't have to feel too bad about myself.

2:15 PM - I see a missed call from "Thorpe Home" on my phone. I call and Joe says he and Kathy came back from Michigan early and they can watch Eleanor while I do work. Wow, maybe the bullpen can close out the game.

3:14 PM - Call Kathy to work out the plan with Eleanor for the evening.

3:50 PM - Take Eleanor to Grandma and Grandpa Thorpe's house. Rush home and try to do work.

6:50 PM - I call Joe to see if they can hold off on Eleanor's last bottle. My plan is to stretch out her evening so Emily can see her when she gets home around 8:30ish.

7:20 PM - Eleanor nixed that plan by getting crabby and demanding her bottle. The best laid plans are often...something bad happens.

7:41 PM - Time to take Elliebear home.

7:59 PM - Do you want to stay up and wait for mommy? Not really.

8:04 PM - Abbreviated story time tonight, consisting of Goodnight Moon.

8:11 PM - This batch of chicken and noodles is pretty damn good.

8:17 PM - Hmm, I haven't picked up dog poop in a while.

8:36 PM - Text from Emily: I'm on my way. I guess that means the weekend is finished.

Overall, I had a blast having just Eleanor and Andy time. It was surprisingly not scary and I think I did pretty well. I don't know if I mentioned it in the first post, but along with Emily, my parents and her parents were out of town this weekend. I was operating without a net, but somehow Eleanor and I are still here. I hope you enjoyed reading all this garbage.

Day 3 question of the day - What was your favorite part of our weekend?

2 comments:

Liz said...

My favorite part was all of the blogging! I've missed the entries...but you need to add photos...especially of the new pants!

Anonymous said...

We're always happy to have you at a soccer game, no one can run like you!
Fav weekend update: poo