So yesterday wasn't so bad. We hung out, ordered some pizza, had some laughs. Good times. Today is a different story. A whole day without Emily. How did we do? Let's find out:
Saturday, May 3
5:48 AM - Eleanor starts to wake up. Are you kidding me? I go in and give her a pacifier. I also explain that's she needs to go back to sleep.
6:01 AM - Crap. She's up again. I give her the pacifier again and pray.
8:01 AM - I wake up on my own, Eleanor is quiet. Good stuff.
8:04 AM - Wake up Eleanor and send Emily a picture text message.
8:20 AM - Enjoy breakfast while watching part of the end of Jaws.
8:53 AM - Now that breakfast is done, Eleanor is ready for her daily bouncing workout.
9:12 AM - Find the video for "Supernatural Superserious," by R.E.M. on MusicChoice. I love R.E.M. like family. Eleanor seems to like them, too.
9:27 AM - We have a picnic in the basement with Eleanor's stuffed picnic set. She seems to like the stuffed grape pop. I try the sandwich. It sucks.
9:35 AM - We put on Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen. Ellie thinks Tully Blanchard is a prick.
9:56 AM - Eleanor decides to take a nap. While she does that I try to shower and clean stuff. Being a single parent is hard.
11:28 AM - Nap over, let's eat lunch. How about some delicious rice cereal and bananas?
11:56 AM - Finished with the first course, let's have a bottle.
11:57 AM - Or let's take a dump instead.
12:02 PM - Now let's try to have our bottle.
12:31 PM - Finished with lunch. Eleanor and I are bored so we decide to go to the mall.
12:50 PM - I find Eleanor some patchwork pants at Macy's. They were pretty cute, but I couldn't find a shirt to match it. I debate asking two women shopping with their babies for help, but decide against it. I make up for not finding a matching shirt by getting another outfit and some socks.
12:57 PM - I think Andy needs a new Reds hat.
1:11 PM - We visit Aunt Carolyn at Eddie Bauer. She holds Eleanor and introduces her to everyone in the store. Aunt Carolyn also tells me that my cousin, Gracie, has a date tonight. I can't wait until Eleanor starts dating.
1:20 PM - We see the same woman at the Premier Cosmetics stand that harassed me the last time I was at the mall. She doesn't bother me this time because I have a baby with me. What's up with the people working at the little kiosks in the mall? They're really aggressive. Some of their sales tactics come close to assault.
1:24 PM - Lots of sweet dudes and chicks at the mall today.
1:29 PM - Eleanor and I decide to pick up Family Guy: Blue Harvest. We'll watch it later.
1:35 PM - As we're leaving the mall we get a text message from Emily saying she is on a harbor tour of Charleston. I debate texting her back to let her know we are on a stroller cruise of the parking lot.
1:40 PM - Nap time again. I try to get some work done.
3:31 PM - Kristin drops off some Busken cookies because she feels bad she made me crap my pants yesterday talking about the CCE. She was, however, excited about making the blog.
3:46 PM - Wake up from nap. Eleanor hangs out in the high chair and snacks on Rice Krispies while I finish straightening up the kitchen and prepare her dinner of tender young green beans and formula.
3:52 PM - Emily calls. She really misses us. Or at least really misses Eleanor. And misses the fact that I can get things off high shelves for her.
3:59 PM - I try to get Eleanor to say hi to Mommy on the phone. She responds by taking a dump. Emily advises me to let her work it out while feeding her the green beans. Could you eat with a turd in your pants? I couldn't, but Eleanor doesn't seem to mind.
4:11 PM - Diaper change. I think Eleanor might be constipated.
4:15 PM - I put on my slippers. Ahh.
4:30 PM - Grandma Sweeney called and said Megan finished second in the A-10 Championship meet. Good job, Aunt Megan. She is now officially retired from track and field and officially graduated from college.
5:15 PM - Eleanor and I decide to get changed and go to Kroger.
5:33 PM - Step out the door to go to Kroger. Man, it's nice out. We decide to hold off on going to Kroger and take a walk with Winnie instead.
5:40 PM - Going on a walk. This is nice. We end up going to the park down the street and walking around the paved lap while little kid soccer games are being played.
6:32 PM - That was a good walk. We drop Winnie in the house and head to Kroger.
6:39 PM - I think one of the baggers at Kroger might be a fan of mine. She goes out of her way to say hi to me when I'm alone, but not so much when Emily is with me. She is excited to see Eleanor. I'm excited to get into the store.
6:47 PM - Purchases complete. We order some toasted ravioli from Ferrari's carryout and then head home.
7:02 PM - Eleanor has naked time while I inhale my dinner.
7:20 PM - Bathtime.
7:36 PM - Time for the evening meal while we listen to the Reds.
7:59 PM - Tonight's stories: 123 Maisey, Goodnight Moon
8:11 PM - Bed time. I start frantically cleaning the downstairs. I also start a batch of chicken and noodles in the crock pot. It should be ready for breakfast. If you're into that kind of thing.
8:41 PM - Tonight's cocktail hour special: Gin.
8:50 PM - Sit down to continue working on take home exam. This thing really sucks.
10:00 PM - I'm too tired to get anything productive done. I decide to fold the laundry I foolishly started earlier while watching Blue Harvest.
10:39 PM - Too tired to finish Blue Harvest. Time to shut everything down.
11:12 PM - Goodnight all.
Be sure to tune in tomorrow for the dramatic conclusion. It should be amazing.
Day 2 question of the day - Any suggestions for getting school work done tomorrow?
1 comment:
My key to getting good work done for school and work is to put a stack of great records on the ol' Zenith '68 Hi Fi and Rock out on the front porch while the sun is going down and the air is cool.
Good luck friend! Madiera Inn on Tuesday in two weeks? Or how about a reds game?
Post a Comment