Monday, October 1, 2007

The Due Date Come...and Gone

Well, it is officially Oct. 1st, and there is no baby to hold in my arms yet - at this point that is the biggest thing I'm looking forward to doing - I just want to hold this awesome little person. If any of you know me very well, then you know that I'm normally a very laid-back person who never stresses (I hope that made many people laugh), but seriously, I'm a planner and I like to know when things happen, and not having this baby yet is killing me...and Andy. We are so excited and so ready (sort of) that it's hard to just wait now, which is what I'm doing since I have officially begun maternity leave today.

The most frustrating thing is that I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for in terms of labor. I keep questioning aches, pains, and other stuff, thinking, "Oh, maybe that's the onset of labor," only to get distracted and realize an hour later that it went away. Oh well, baby is already sending me the message that I am no longer in control of my life - he or she is! Any prayers for Baby Sweeney to arrive quickly and as painlessly as possible would be greatly appreciated at this point!

Lastly, Andy and I would both like to say thank you to all of you who have been so wonderful in asking about my health, just wanting to check in with us, and the prayers you have given to us. We have felt so blessed through this amazing process, and to see how many true friends we have has just been overwhelming and wonderful. I hope that we can soon post a blog showing you the newest Sweeney, who will also have many thanks to give you all!

No comments: