This story has nothing to do with the baby. It has everything to do with me being disgusted. Last night we made Rachel Ray's macaroni and cheese for dinner. It was good stuff, but the recipe makes a big batch so there is always a ton leftover. Emily has a soccer game tonight so making an early dinner of leftover mac and cheese sounded like a brilliant idea. This is where I start to become disgusted.
Emily has a weird thing with food texture. She finds some textures gross, which means a lot of times she'll leave perfectly decent meat on her plate. I don't like to waste so I usually end up eating it. As I walked my bowl over to the sink I noticed four or five perfectly good looking pieces of chicken sitting in her bowl. Without thinking I spooned them up and started chewing. And they were delicious pieces of chicken. Until I had been chewing for about five seconds and felt something sharp poke me. I spit the sharp object into my hand: it was a fingernail clipping. I suppose I should mention that Emily also has a tendency to pick her fingernails when she's anxious. Apparently she picked on of her fingernails and put it in the bowl with the apparently gross chicken. Pretty disgusting stuff.
1 comment:
Eww! Does she know you posted this story? hahaha
We're thinking about you guys.
~tana
Post a Comment