Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Maura's Turn

Yes, we've been neglectful parents, and Maura has not gotten her fair share of blog pictures. So, Maura, this post is for you...and to update all of you who like to know what's going on with the girls. *For future reference, Maura, we love you so so much, but time is a little hard to come by these days.

Below you will see Maura from 4- weeks until 7-weeks. I have started to see some very strong resemblances between Maura and her big sister, so check out that as well with this lovely hyperlink.

Beautiful Maura in her Juicy Couture. It's a hand-me-down, but it's still stylish. Almost 8 weeks here.


Ellie shows her jealousy by telling us it's "Ellie's turn" when Maura is doing something...and here's an example.


A close-up of play time.


Maura is a fashion diva, wearing her new Baby Guess wear. I believe she is 4 weeks old here.


For those of you who have been following us since young Eleanor's birth, check out this "old school" pic of Ellie compared to the current Maura.

Maura will go in for her 2 month check up next week, so I have no new stats as of yet.

As for Ellie, the big news is that we have finally gotten her to sleep in a big-girl bed. Some of you may think, hmm, that's weird, I never thought of it as hard to transition a child to a regular bed. In our household, for Ellie, it is/has been. But we are on the road to success!

I will say, though, that it's a little nerve-wracking knowing there's a toddler with independence in your house while you're sleeping. We keep waiting to see Ellie standing by our bed staring at us in some creepy/scary way. Don't get me wrong, she's super cute, but it's still a little unsettling to know she can move around if she wants to, as opposed to the lovely crib with bars that prevent movement. Just a thought of the day.

2 comments:

Bronwen said...

Yay! Thanks for the updates...Maura is darling....hey on the crib thing...we have a baby gate on Trey's door so he can move around the room but not the house! Good luck!

Orr Family said...

I can't believe how much alike they look!! So cute!! Also, Isaac has been in a big boy bed for about four months and sometimes he still asks to sleep in the crib...so I think it must just be a really hard transition for kids.