Thursday, August 6, 2009

Adventures in Cleveland: Prayer

Today's adventure takes place at home. Our family says a blessing before dinner every night. Emily and I hold hands with Eleanor and bow our heads while we say the blessing. We usually watch Eleanor out of the corner of our eyes to see what she is doing. Usually she stares back and forth at us with a big open mouth smile and then gets really excited when we say Amen.

Tonight was a little different. Eleanor actually bowed her head, mumbled something to herself, and then loudly said "AMEEE" at the end. It was adorable and hilarious and touching and...ADVENTUROUS!!!

We got out the camera and asked her to try again:



This was an exciting development for our family. Watching our daughter learn to give thanks to God should remind the two of us who know how to give thanks more often.

Tune in tomorrow for more...ADVENTURES IN CLEVELAND!!!

1 comment:

Journey said...

I am really loving the constant stream of blog updates lately!!! You guys are awesome! I have to say though, this one is my absolute favorite!! :) Thanks for sharing :)