Monday, January 14, 2008

Stylin' No Matter What She's Wearing!

I can't say in words how much fun it is to be a mother.  And Eleanor has become one of the coolest people I know.  Each day she does things to make me laugh and to make me fall in love with her more and more.  One, of course, is that she is beautiful, as some of these photos will reveal, seriously (I'm not a biased mother at all).  Another thing she does that I just laugh at is her super-hero pose - I think it is a goal of hers to become a super hero one day.  You will see what I mean.

I begin work again on Tuesday, Jan. 22, and though I have missed my coworkers and the students, I have thoroughly enjoyed this great gift of time to be home with this absolutely amazing person.  I love everything about her - her cute rolls of skin; the way she kicks her feet while I'm trying to change her diaper; the way she can spit up, catching me completely off guard; her big gummy smile; and the way her whole body moves with joy when I greet her after a nap or in the mornings.  It is the most amazing thing in the world, and nowadays other things that seemed so important, don't seem that way anymore.  I'm so thankful for this beautiful person in my life who shows me what is truly to be blessed and cherished.  I can't wait for the many more years with her!  

Sorry for the sincere words...I know this blog isn't really made for that.  But I just had to take an opportunity to express the love I feel for this little person - it's more than I ever thought possible!  Enjoy the pictures, and I'm sure Andy will have some comedic words in the near future.

If Eleanor could speak: "Mom, are you really taking my picture again?  OK, but make sure you get my good side this time."

Eleanor received a pair of overalls for Christmas.  They are so stylish, and if you can see, she has these really cool socks that look like she's wearing Mary Jane shoes.  OK, maybe that's not that cool to most of you, but I think it's adorable.  She still has a little ways to grow into the overalls; as you can see they're rolled.  Katie, if you're reading, she was wearing these on a Friday - we thought of you!

I just had to get a picture of my girl naked - what a cute butt.  If you look closely, though, you will notice that during naked time, Eleanor decided the blanket was as good a place as any to relieve herself.  Even when I'm trying to get sentimental pictures of her, she finds a way to lighten the mood (She gets it from her father).  

Here is a front view of naked time.  No pee pee on this side of the blanket.  Thank goodness!  Again, I love her rolls - they are the best.


OK, now this was the funniest thing (well, it was to me, and I think Andy got a kick out of it too).  Eleanor was having naked time similar to the previous pictures, and she again decided to relieve herself.  So we were getting the bath ready for her, and as I carried her upstairs, I held her out a little bit to keep the pee off me.  We both didn't need to be dirty.  Well, Eleanor immediately went into this pose.  She does this move with her arms a lot, even when she's just standing or being carried (Andy gets concerned some times: "What's with the arms?  Why does she always do that?".  But then she lifted her legs up - bending and straightening  as if she was ready for flight.  It was great - she thought she was hot stuff. 

Anyway, that's it for now.  Sorry for being long-winded.  I just had to share.

2 comments:

Pizzablog said...

I can see how thrilled Ellie was to be in overalls on a Friday... it brought me joy for many years! Thanks for sharing it with her (and for sharing the picture with me!).

Liz said...

LOVE the photos!! She looks fantastic. And...no need to apologize for the sentimental comments. If there's anyone who loves them, it's me!! Keep the sarcasm coming too though. ;)
Stella said she misses Ellie...any chance for a visit sometime in the coming months? Hope so!