Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Clarification

It has been brought to my attention that I used a few inside family jokes in our Christmas post.  I thought I'd take a minute and explain some of them so you can enjoy the hilarity.  The original caption is in quotes with the explanation following.

"Eleanor and Great Grandma Sweeney.  Right after this picture Ellie went to work at Montgomery Inn."  Grandma kept saying we should encourage Ellie to work there so she can get free ribs and sauce.  
"A brief holiday visit with Aunt Erin.  Hopefully Erin won't teach Ellie the alphabet."  Erin volunteered at a preschool and taught all the kids swear words instead of the alphabet.
"Aunt Megan teaching Eleanor proper etiquette."  Megan teaches an etiquette class to inmates at the prison in Dayton.    
"The current and future best chefs in the family."  Grandma is a really good cook.  Emily keeps saying Eleanor needs to learn to cook soon because she is sick of it.  
"Uncle Brian smells like cologne and farts."  There is no joke here.  Brian wears a lot of cologne and farts a lot.  
"Trying to poop on Aunt Molly."  I used this caption because I couldn't think of anything else to say.  Here was Emily's response when she saw what I put.

Emily:  "Actually, she's not pooping in this picture.  I think she's pooping in this one."  (Points to another picture)
Andy:  (blank stare)  "I was just trying to think of a caption."
Emily:  "I know, but I like to criticize you."

It's a rough life for me here.  At least I finally beat Emily in one of our polls.  How 'bout dem apples?  Victory is mine!!! 

2 comments:

Christy said...

I just want to point out that even those of us, like myself, with a very different sence of humor than Andy...routinely laugh out loud at the comments on this blog. Don't let your wife be too hard on ya Andy.

TomahawkFlop said...

My wife can not spell.