Warning: If you don't like our stories, then just skip down to the pictures of beautiful Eleanor. For the rest of you, here is a story - maybe slightly interesting.
First off, I apologize for the blog-slacking. It's been a little hectic, and we've also been a little lazy. Just a good combination!
Anyway, so last week, Andy came home from work, and he was looking forward to feeding Ellie. Well, a little side note: Andy is the magic poop man when it comes to his daughter. For whatever reason, she loves to poop when Andy is holding her. I always give Ellie to him if I feel like it's been awhile since her last poop, and sure enough, she will then feel compelled! Andy came home from work last Wednesday, and he really wanted to take her downstairs to watch TV and feed Ellie. Sure enough, she must have felt his presence because she started doing her business. I told him that he would have to go change her diaper first before feeding her. He had had it at this point. "No, I'm always changing her poopy diapers. Why do I always get the poopy ones?" Another side note: Andy despises poop. Not that we all don't dislike it, but Andy will dry-heave at the mere sight. He has had to build up a tolerance over the last 9 weeks because of her. And I must say that Andy is an excellent poopy-diaper changer, and he doesn't normally shy away from it, but I think Ellie and I caught him on a long day.
Since he was not happy about that option, I told him, "Fine, then you can unload the dishwasher or you can finish the thank-you notes." Side note: We've been blessed with so many gifts for Ellie, and I have asked Andy to write four of them because they are people he is close with...they gave us gifts many, many weeks ago. If you are any of those people, my sincere apologies. They will be coming soon!
So, long story short, when Andy came home from work, his choices were poop, dishes or thank-you notes. He chose the dishes because he has the least amount of hate for that job. To some of you who work with children, you might have thought I was doing the choice-game, where you give the kids two or three choices, and most of the time, they are not things they want to do. But you allow them to choose, and therefore you're giving them individuality and blah blah blah. But I truly wasn't trying to do that to him. It just happened that those things needed to be completed, and Andy was there to help.
Alright, if you weren't interested in that story at all...here are some pictures of Ellie that hopefully will make up for it!
Here is Ellie trying to live a "thug life". Whas up? We told her to keep looking for an identity. She can always come back to it, but it's still too early to decide on one.
Here we are again in our bear outfit. She was happier this time around, and she is an extremely good walker. So good, that most of the time, she walks with her eyes closed. Some might say she's even asleep while doing it. Like I said before, a genius!
No comments:
Post a Comment