I don't know how it happened so quickly, but it's true; our beautiful Maura is no longer a baby but a toddler. And is she ever...she started walking right before Thanksgiving, which has given her even more reason to be into everything.
She babbles a lot, follows Eleanor everywhere and also knows how to cry to get her big sister in trouble (she's learning very quickly). She cuddles often, which her older sister never really enjoyed unless sick, and she is the sweetest little thing...until she doesn't get her way and then a temper appears.
Maura's big, toothy grin is funny and endearing, and her kisses are the best! Behold, Maura over the past year! And if you can't remember how she entered the world, take a look back.
Hello, Maura!
So tired from showing up a week early.
How big is Maura...So Big!
You might be stronger now, Eleanor, but you wait.
Sleepy time.
Vacationing in Florida before I'm even four months old.
Daddy wasn't here, so we put in a headband.
Who wants some curry?
My favorite picture of Maura.
Dethroning Winnie from her title as Drool Champion.
I mean, who doesn't love those teeth?
Being baptized.
Oh, you didn't get a good look at my teeth? Here, let me try again.
Runny nose + Lamb hat + Baby Bjorn = Fun Times
Similar haircuts.
Walking everywhere.
Why the blockade? Take a look at that grin.
If it's the last thing I do this Christmas, I will get those ornaments.
I (Emily) took the day off for Maura's birthday.
We spent the morning playing with her new toy
and enjoying a little quiet while Eleanor was at nursery school.
Happy Birthday, Maura. We love you so much! It's amazing to think about everything you "did" in your first year of life. I believe you're meant to be an adventurer, and I can't wait to see what you decide to take on.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday sweet girl! Sorry we missed the big party. We were celebrating your day from far away! MUCH LOVE!
Post a Comment