Thursday, July 9, 2009

Prologue: The Return of Sweeneyblog

Setting: Deep within SFKA Headquarters; Madeira, Ohio

[Late one night, Eleanor, Emily, and Andy gather in the control room to discuss the future of the baby blog]

Emily: I call this meeting to order.


Andy: [whispering to Eleanor] She likes to think she's in charge.


Eleanor: [whispering to Andy] No kidding.



Emily: Come on, let me run the meeting. The first thing we need to talk about is the move to our new temporary HQ in Lakewood.

Andy: The plans are coming together swimmingly. We move all our stuff on Monday July 20th. You and I will follow the moving truck up to unload our crap and then come back on Wednesday July 22nd to wrap things up in Cincinnati.

Eleanor: Will I go along for this?

Emily: No, you will be staying with Grandma and Grandpa Thorpe.

Eleanor: SHA-BLAM!!!

Andy: We will be in Cincinnati until Saturday August 1st, when we will move to Lakewood for the year.

Emily: Very good. My plan is coming together perfectly.

Andy: I just explained everything. How does that make it your plan? And why do you always get to be in charge?

Emily: Do you know where I keep the checkbook?

Andy: [says nothing]

Emily: Do you know where your shoes are?

Andy: [looks at socks; says nothing]

Emily: That's why I am in charge. Now, let's move to a more pressing issue: our disgrace of a baby blog. We have not updated that thing nearly enough in recent months.

Andy: I know, our golden readers are getting pissy.

Emily: What are we going to do about this?

[The conference room falls silent except for the sound of Eleanor pushing her shopping cart around]

Andy: How about we do a relaunch or rebranding of the blog after we move?

Emily: That's not very original.

Andy: Who cares? We can offer new amazing blog features!!!

Eleanor: New amazing blog features? Like what?

Andy: Um...I'm not sure. I'll have to look into that. We should probably pretend that we have some new ideas in mind, but we won't give them away until the relaunch.

Eleanor: Maybe the new features could have something to do with the new baby. Maybe allow the new baby to be a guest blogger every now and then.

Andy: I'm not sure how I feel about the guest blogger idea.

Eleanor: It's not like we're going to let me guest blog, it would be the baby. Who wouldn't think it was funny if we let a fetus guest blog?

Andy: Good point. We should consider it. We should think of something other than the question of the day to get people to post comments. The question usually sucks.

Emily: We can at least promise to update more frequently. How does one post a week as a minimum sound?

Andy: I think that's doable. Can we turn bad again?

Emily & Eleanor: NO!!!!!!

Andy: Please! It was fun!

Eleanor: No, both Grandmas hated it.

Andy: I'll let you have some ice cream.

Eleanor: [pauses thoughtfully] OK, I'll think about it.

Emily: When does this rebranding take place?

[Eleanor and Andy look at each other and nod]

Andy: Monday August 3rd...

Eleanor: ...at dawn.

[scene ends]

4 comments:

Liz said...

I'm intrigued.

Unknown said...

Oh please turn bad... it was so much fun for the Vores. And we're kind of like grandparents, right? That must count for something.

May I suggest the following name for relaunch: SFKB...Sweeney Family Kicks Blog

OR: Clevlandia

Andy said...

I'm still debating turning bad. By debating, I mean trying to talk Emily into it.

Anonymous said...

i heart the evil sweeneys. :) glad to see the return of your blog!