All kidding aside, we are so happy for Megan and Mike. I can't imagine a better person to marry my sister and join our family. I have always been very protective of Megan, but Mike has always been a gentleman and treated her with respect and never made me consider throwing him off a bridge for longer than a minute or so. I think the only way I could approve of Mike more is if I could beat him in a race. My dad has already made the joke, but with Mike and Emily joining the Sweeney family, our collective GPA and athletic talent has skyrocketed. I hope that one day Mike will get a good job to pay for the physical therapy Megan will require from lugging around the huge rock on her finger.
By no means does the excitement stop there. Megan has already selected a Maid of Honor and Matron of Honor...Brian and me. She said we were her best friends and when she was thinking of who she wanted to make a toast at the wedding, she kept thinking of us. I have never been so touched in all my life. I'm not kidding, I got a little misty. I did a little research and found that our formal title is Bridal Honor Attendant. Most people seem to think the idea of Brian and I standing up for Megan is really cool. The only exception is my dad. I think he's worried we're going to wear bridesmaid dresses and try to sleep with the groomsmen or something. There is also a small concern that Brian and I will make a scene during the toast. I respond to these accusations by saying, yeah, we probably will.

1 comment:
Clearly, I am deeply, deeply upset by this development. I take back those flowers I brought to Thanksgiving 2006
Post a Comment