Good day, friends and family. We have returned from glorious Northern Michigan to humid and stinky Southwest Ohio. Blah. We were in Michigan for the wedding of Sally and Jake, followed by some time at Grandma and Grandpa Thorpe's with Molly. Good times, good weather, too much food. One of the local sports columnists at the Cincinnati Enquirer is
Paul Daugherty. Sometimes in his blog does what he calls the 3-dot lounge. Basically it is a bunch of random thoughts...separated by ellipses. Let's visit the Michigan version of the 3-dot lounge.
Eleanor was okay in the car as long as Emily was in the backseat with her...that meant that Winnie got to ride shotgun...The Inn at Stonecliffe is really beautiful...apparently Kid Rock was on Mackinac Island while we were there...Molly bought the worst rum drinks in the world after the rehearsal dinner...Molly is a rock star...the wedding was at a little grotto in the woods...Eleanor was quite during the ceremony...I dance like an a-hole...Grandma Thorpe keeps too much junk food in the house...I have no self-control around junk food...the water in Burt Lake is still quite cold...jumping in to go skiing is quite shocking...we didn't smoke cigars this year...we did make several bonfires in the evening...young Kendal is more tolerant of me when Eleanor is around...there was a high level of frat douchebaggery at the sandbar on the 4th of July.
Wow, I didn't even have to put my thoughts into a paragraph. I wonder if I can get away with that for my dissertation. "It is important to select qualified foster parents...measures of job satisfaction have been used successfully in personnel selection...a Five Factor Model measure may be useful in selecting foster parents." Hmmm, maybe not. Enjoy some pictures while I figure out what to do about my festering turd of a dissertation.

Young Eleanor is prepared for the rehearsal dinner.

Aunt Molly, Eleanor, Sally (the bride-to-be)

Trying to squeeze out a deuce on Steven.

The Sweeney's on the patio at Stonecliffe. You know it was fancy because they added an 'e' to the end of the name.

Going over the plan prior to the wedding. Option 1: Eleanor is quiet. Option 2: Eleanor is not quiet so Andy takes her and runs from the wedding site. Thankfully, Eleanor chose option 1.

Katelyn, Kendal, and Tommy are fascinated by Eleanor's ability to touch the ground.

Aunt Molly trying to get one of the kids to pull her finger.

The Inn at Stonecliffe. Not too shabby.

RARRRR!!! IT'S A BLANKET MONSTER!!!

Eleanor's first boat ride. Things went downhill shortly after this picture was taken.

Mommy can ski!

Daddy hasn't fallen down yet!

Standing below the Xavier flag I donated to Hoppie's. Coincidentally, they put the Xavier flag right next to the Miami and UC flags, representing all of the schools I have attended.

Grandpa: Do you want a Colossus burger?
Eleanor: That's silly! I can't eat wheat! And it's too big!

Telling Great Grandpa Hartzell about her favorite president, Millard Fillmore.

Eleanor: Mom, give me a drink of your water and I'll tell you a joke. A man, his wife, and two children go into a talent agency...

Eleanor: ...and the talent agent said, "what do you call your act?" And the man said, "The Aristocrats!"
Emily: That is so funny!!!

Eleanor's second boat ride. This went much better.

We tried taking this picture so that you could see the setting sun in the background. That didn't work so instead you see the back of the boat.

Aunt Molly and Emily, being really...something.

Eleanor riding in her new backpack.

Riding to the sandbar for lunch on the 4th of July.

Eleanor: Why are those guys chanting before every sip of beer?
Molly: Because they're huge douchebags.
Grandma: I don't know, they seem pretty sweet to me.

Flying on Daddy's shoulder at the sandbar. We had to fly because the water was too cold to swim.

The Sweeney's at Burt Lake. What a difference a year makes.
Coming back from Michigan is hard. It's great to spend time with family, the weather is nice, there is more food than we know what to do with, and there is no Xavier branch in Indian River. It's really the ideal place to spend time. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go sweat and do homework.
Vacation question of the day - If you could go anywhere in the world for a week, where would you go? Who would you go with?
2 comments:
This doesn't answer your question, but the Aristocrats joke, although so, so wrong, is the funniest thing I've heard all day. Glad you guys had such a great time!
I was a little worried about that one, I'm glad at least one person enjoyed it. Although it's only 10:00, there's still plenty of time for you to hear something funnier today.
Post a Comment