It's taken awhile...to put this post together and also to be able to introduce you to Dr. Andrew Michael Sweeney!!! The girls and I are so proud of Daddy. He has been through a lot with relearning how to study after being out of school, to creating a 100 page dissertation, to moving for a year to endure a difficult internship. But he is succeeding, and he finally has the ability to be called Doctor. The other day he said, "Imagine me doing my usual crazy things; now imagine someone who is supposed to be called 'doctor' doing them. What will people think when they learn I'm a child psychologist?" I'm guessing shock and confusion.
Truthfully, I'm so proud of all of Andy's hard work over the last 5 YEARS!!! It's been a long journey, but it's also brought us two beautiful daughters, a new city of experiences, and insight into how we want our family to be. I'm glad we will soon close this schooling chapter to begin life in our old city, new house, and just working (no homework).
So, without further ado, here is Dr. Andy!
Family picture attempt #1. Eleanor isn't happy with this setup.
Family picture attempt #2. Eleanor believes that she deserves the hat.
Papa Tommy made sure we got the best parking spot at Xavier. It was so good that no one else felt the need to park 2 miles away like us. If you squint and look closely, you will see the black car in the distance. Yep, no one around and right near the exit. Perfect!
Xavier University's only doctoral program is psychology, so they are the only ones announced and hooded. They are also named in the program, explaining about their dissertation and internship stuff. Good job, Andrew!
There he is. Not officially Doctor yet.
Somehow, Andy was the very first person mentioned and hooded during the entire graduate commencement. Here he is walking up.
Officially hooded, and giving us the thumbs up after a good BM...just kidding.
Dr. Andy with his two dads - one biological and one psychological.
Relief for both of us...or maybe it was just me.
Yea, pictures with Andy in his snazzy doctoral gown. Andy decided not to wear pants or underwear. Just kidding again, but I bet some of you would have believed it. That says something about my husband.
Eleanor's favorite part of the day. You guessed it, the commencement speaker's long and boring speech. Awful.
This cake says "Congratulations Dr. Andy".
Nav, Andy's good friend from Xavier, joined us in the celebrating. He brought pens that made Andy really happy. You will have to ask him for the story because the two of them together, laughing, is something I don't always understand.
For those of you upset that there weren't enough cute kid/baby pictures, sorry. More to come when I get a chance. But, in the meantime, we're basking in the glory of no more tuition bills, no more dissertation panic attacks, and no more homework (hopefully). Congrats, Dr. Andy!
No comments:
Post a Comment